I’ll be giving a short presentation on the intellectual property issues relevant to medical marijuana businesses – whether it’s a dispensary, farm, “lifestyle” brand, or any other company with an interest in medical (or legal recreational) marijuana.
The CLE is in Miami on June 29 and 30.
I encourage you to take a look at the agenda for this CLE. Not only is John Morgan speaking at the event, but some highly-respected and experienced attorneys will also be speaking, such as folks from Harris Bricken LLP. I’m looking forward to this CLE not only for the chance to speak but also for the chance to hear and learn from these industry veterans.
Here’s a link to the program, and these are the main topics:
- Amendment 2 Rules Update
- Federal vs. State Conflict
- Taxes and the Treatment of Cannabis Income
- Real Estate and Land Use
- Intellectual Property
- Marijuana Banking
- Investing in the Cannabis Industry
- Ethical Considerations and Legalized Marijuana
- Medical Experience in Other States
- Contracting with Marijuana Related Businesses
- Insurance in the Cannabis Industry